CLEAN Coasts Week is already underway and a number of events are taking place in the county over the next few days.
Organised by An Taisce’s the week sees hundreds of clean coasts events being organised around the country but if you want to get involved in Kerry, here’s where to go.
• Ventry – Dingle Oceanworld will be doing a clean-up of Ventry Beach on Saturday, May 17 at 11am. Volunteers to meet at Ventry Beach Car Park directly beforehand.
• Whale Watch – Irish Dolphin and Whale Group: A morning of whale and dolphin watching off Slea Head, Co. Kerry. No booking required, event is Saturday, May 17 from 10am to 12pm in car park on Slea Head along the R559 (Lat 52° 05.86 ‘ N, Long 10°27.03 ‘ W).
• Ballybunnion – Clean up of Ballybunnion beach on Thursday May 15 at 4pm. Volunteers to meet at the Lifeguard station directly beforehand.
• Rossbeigh Beach – Glenbeigh Community Council will be doing a clean-up of Rossbeigh Beach on the 14th May at 6pm. Volunteers will meet at the end of tarred toad on Rossbeigh Beach directly beforehand.
• National #2minutebeachclean Day – Saturday May 17th
Clean Coasts are delighted to be holding Ireland’s first ever national #2minutebeachclean day as part of Coca-Cola Clean Coasts Week. The aim is to engage as many people as possible in this BIG IMPACT initiative.
On Saturday they are asking everyone who goes to the beach whether it’s for a surf, swim or walk to do their very own #2minutebeachclean. Take a snap of the litter collected and post your snap on instagram/twitter/facebook with the tags @cleancoasts #2minutebeachclean.
It’s as easy as that and be in with a chance to win a Clean Coasts hoodie!
To register a clean-up or find out more about Clean Coasts coastal celebration events please visit www.cleancoastsweek.ie or @CleanCoasts #cleancoastsweek