Meeting In Tralee On How To Access Fund To Buy Musical Instruments

Posted by


CALLING all musicians, bands, collectives, music groups, music organisations, schools and interested communities.

An information session on a new capital fund that will support the purchase of musical instruments will take place in Tralee Library in Moyderwell, at 5pm next Thursday, February 1. Everyone is welcome.

The Music Capital Scheme, supported by the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht and managed by Music Network, comprises two distinct awards that provide funding for the purchase of musical instruments to both non-professional performing groups and to professional musicians.

“This is a great opportunity for Kerry”, Kate Kennelly, at the Arts Office at Kerry County Council has stated.

“Due to a low number of successful applications from Kerry in previous rounds of the Scheme, high quality applications from Kerry are being prioritised for the scheme this year”.

Continued below…


The Arts Office has organised the information session in association with Music Network who will present information on the scheme during the session.  Interested individuals are asked to reserve a place at next Thursday’s information session by emailing the Arts Office at Kerry County Council and before close of business on Wednesday, January 31 next.

As well as individual musicians, the scheme supports youth bands, ensembles, orchestras, community initiatives and resource organisations working in a diverse range of genres.

A total fund for the whole country is set at €245,500 and The Music Capital Scheme opened for applications on Thursday 11th January 2018 with a deadline of 12 pm on Tuesday 20th February 2018. There are two award categoriesNon-Professional Performing Groups-Award 1 and Individual Professional Performing Musicians – Award 2.

Up to 75% of the total cost of the instruments will be awarded. Applicants must demonstrate how the remaining 25% will be funded. Information and Guidelines, as well as application forms are available for download on the Music Network website see

The instruments provided through the Music Capital Scheme continue to make a significant impact on the quality of, and access to, music making and live music performance throughout Ireland.

Comments are closed.