THE Brandon Hotel won’t know what hit it!
The blue side of town is set to converge on the hotel next month, as 12 couples will take to the floor for the inaugural Kerins O’Rahillys GAA ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ event.
Past players, Kerry GAA legends and entrepreneurs are among the contestants hoping to impress the judges at the event which takes place on Saturday, March 25 at 8pm.
The contestants were introduced at the launch on Friday night at the clubhouse by Chairman of Kerins O’Rahillys, Haulie Kerins, who revealed details of the event, which has Ballyseedy Garden Centre as its main sponsors.
The couples taking part (and their sponsors) are;
• Ogie Moran (Casey Stephenson Accountants) and Eileen O’Shea (Charlie’s Bar and Restaurant)
• Ger O’Brien (Shore Acre Caravan Park) and Teresa O’Brien (Kelliher’s Electrical)
• Dominic Rollo Walker (Masters Swimming Club/Tralee RFC) and Rosie McGrath (Benin Casa Montessori/Market Street Veterinary Clinic Eugene McGrath)
• John Fitzgerald (The Brandon Hotel)and Sharon Walsh (Ronan Blocklayers)
• Jessica and Mike Lynch (Cliffords Gala)
• Claire Molloy (Quirke Security) and Paul Ryan (Expeditors Ireland Ltd)
• Trisha Moran (Moran’s Foodstore) and Declan O’Carroll (Sean Kerins Grasscutting)
• Catriona Kennedy (Bounce Sport and Fitness) and Rob O’Connor (FBD Group)
• Kevin Finn (24/7 Cabs) and Marcella Daly (Kingdom Crash Repairs)
• Martin Nix (Foley’s Spar) and Catriona O’Sullivan (Claire’s Slimming World Tralee)
• John Tigger O’Dowd (Benners Hotel) and Shannon McInerney (ProPlan Property Management)
• John T O’Sullivan (BioAtlantis) and Christina Curtin (Quirke’s Gala).
The judges for the event come from the world of politics, business and journalism, with writer Billy Keane, Radio Kerry’s Deirdre Walsh, Deputy Michael Healy Rae and Caroline McEnery of The HR Suite casting an eye over the dancers’ moves. Margaret Kissane of Connect Publications and Brian Hurley will be the MCs for the night.
Of course the public will get a chance to vote for their favourites at the event and a charity, chosen by the winners, will benefit to the tune of €500.
Garvey’s Supervalu have also sponsored a great door prize of a luxury one night break for two people, including dinner and bed and breakfast, in the Dingle Skellig Hotel.
This being the first ‘Strictly’ event the club has organised, it’s advisable to get your tickets early.
They cost €20 (€10 for under 15s) and are on sale from Foley’s Spar on the Castlemaine Road, Moran’s Shop on Strand Road, Dowlings Shoes/Sports Shop on Bridge Street and Charlie’s Bar in the Kerins O’Rahillys Clubhouse. Scroll down for photos of the contestants…