Rent A Room To IT Tralee Students And Earn Extra Income

Posted by


THE IT Tralee is encouraging people in the town and beyond to look at a scheme where people can earn extra income by taking in a student.

Under the Irish government’s Rent A Room scheme you can rent out a spare room in your house, tax-free, if the income does not exceed €14,000 each year.

So if you have a spare room, the potential is there to earn extra cash and help out students looking for suitable accommodation.

To advertise your room to IT Tralee students call Mairead Enright on 066 7145665, or email

For information, including rights and obligations as a landlord, effects of rental income on social welfare payments, rules, and how to apply, visit the Citizen’s Information Board or read Irish Revenue’s A Revenue Guide to Rental Income – IT 70.

Comments are closed.