REPORT: Champions Take The Spoils Against Neighbours St Brendan’s

Posted by


Mike O’Halloran saw the champions roll on against neighbours St Brendans in the Round 2A clash at Austin Stack Park on Saturday night…

Kilmoyley 0-19

St Brendan’s 0-14

Action from the Kilmoyley v St Brendan’s game. Photo by Mike O’Halloran

St Brendan’s failed to get past a very assured and composed Kilmoyley team on Saturday night in Austin Stack ark.

Kilmoyley managed the game very well especially around their fullback and half back line, where they closed off most of the threats posed by St Brendan’s.

Tom Moloney opened the scoring for St Brendan’s, Daniel Collins added four points for Kilmoyley three frees and one brilliant one from play, Kilmoyley leading by four points to one with 17  minutes on the clock.

Continued below…


Cian Hussey and Tom Moloney added points for St Brendan’s, Collins with two, Sean Maunsell and Adrian Royle had a point each, Cian Hussey and Stephen Leen pointed for St Brendan’s, Kilmoyley 0-8 St Brendan’s 0-5 with 29 minutes gone.

Daniel Collins and John Egan swapped points before halftime to leave it Kilmoyley 0-9 St Brendan’s 0-6.

John Egan and Collins had a point each within three minutes of the second half.

Action from the game. Photo by Mike O’Halloran

On 35 minutes St Brendan’s were reduced to 14, this meant that Kevin Hannafin moved to full back and it proved to prompt a revival of sorts for them.

Points from Daniel Collins two and Adrian Royle one, left the score on 38 minutes Kilmoyley 0-12 St Brendan’s 0-8, the St Brendan’s point coming from the stick of Stephen Leen.

Daithi Griffin and John Egan added a point each but Daniel Collins cancelled them with two of his own.

Continued below…


Aiden McCabe brought a great save from Eric Leen before Cian Hussey reduced the margin to three 0-11 for St Brendan’s 0-14 for Kilmoyley, John Egan and Hussey made it a one point game on 52 minutes.

The Collins brothers split the posts for Kilmoyley, Daniel twice and Robert once, before Darren Dineen drove over for St Brendan’s to leave the score on 60 minutes, Kilmoyley 0-17 St Brendan’s 0-14.

Action from the game. Photo by Mike O’Halloran

With 63 minutes on the clock John Egan went short with a free to Darren Dineen in an attempt to manufacture a goal but the ball was cleared.

Daniel Collins pointed yet another free and James Godley played a captain’s part when he pointed from distance.

Kilmoyley are now in a semi-final as are Lixnaw, St Brendan’s go on to meet Abbeydorney and Ballyduff will play Causeway.

Comments are closed.